Health and high quality Haworthia Attenuata ‘Zebra’, For sale Haworthia Attenuata ‘Zebra’, export Haworthia Attenuata ‘Zebra’, import Haworthia Attenuata ‘Zebra’
009. Haworthia Attenuata ‘Zebra’
Scientific Name :
Haworthia attenuata (Haw.) Haw.
Common Names :
Zebra Plant, Zebra Haworthia
Haworthia attenuata var. attenuata, Apicra attenuata, Aloe clariperla
Haworthia attenuata is a stemless clustering perennial succulent, up to 6 inches (15 cm) tall. The rosettes are up to 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter, with 30 – 40 dark green leaves, up to 3 inches (7.5 cm) long with white tubercles. The Inflorescence is up to 16 inches (40 cm) tall, white flower with green veins.
USDA hardiness zone 10a to 10b: from 30 °F (−1.1 °C) to 40 °F (+4.4 °C).
How to Grow and Care for Zebra Plant :
Native to South Africa, these clump forming succulent plants have similarities with the Aloe plants and they’re related with the same subfamily. There are also subspecies grown.
In their natural habitat (subtropical) Zebra Plants receive plenty of sun and periods without rainfall. Their succulent nature enables them to store water within the thick leaves when there’s no frequent rainfall.
The main difference between the two species (Haworthia fasciata and Haworthia attenuata) is the Haworthia fasciata has smoother inner leaves unlike the Haworthia attenuata that displays tubercles (warty growths). The Fasciata is supposedly more rarer than the Attenuata and seems to have fatter leaves.
Primarily they are grown in gardens. However, they are also grown in greenhouses, conservatories and within homes.
Flowering: If the Zebra Plant blooms appear (may not indoors) they are small tubular white or pink flowers growing from an inflorescence (thin kind of stem).
Foliage: The Zebra Plant forms a rosette of leaves. These leaves are very thick and patterned with Zebra like white stripes or tubercles that look like warts. They’re a clump forming plant in the wild so they can be grown with several or as many as you like in one container.
Growing Conditions :
Temperature: 65°F – 80°F (8°C – 26°C) temperatures are very good and not much below 50°F (10°C).
Light: Display Zebra Plant anywhere it can receive plenty of sun or bright light. South facing windows will provide the most sun, however, east or west provide direct sun part of the day that I find more suitable.
Water: During the growing season from April to September water the Zebra Plant thoroughly and then water when the soil becomes dry to the touch (not bone dry though). Winter is a tricky time for these plants although they are a tough species. Many growers will overwater then alongside cold temperatures or drafts the plant can become very sick, or even die. The leaves are storage organs so during the winter water much less and allow the top soil to dry out.
Soil: Use a cactus potting mix that drains wells and provides plenty of air to the small roots. If making you own mix or buying another type, use part potting soil, part perlite and part sand.
Air Humidity: Normal room humidity will suffice.
Fertilizer: From April to September you can feed Zebra Plants with a diluted liquid fertilizer once every month. Do not feed during winter.
Once the Zebra Plant outgrows the pot you can repot, during spring. Only move to a slightly bigger pot. Every two years I would renew the soil even if repotting is not required.
Zebra Plants are propagated in the same way as Aloe plants. Propagate with a couple of inches of leaves, letting the wound heal for a couple of days before planting (let them dry out). They also produce pups (offsets) that can be removed from the mother plant and replanted. Either method you should water the soil once and then wait to see a small sign of new growth to prevent killing them with overwatering.
How to Remove Offsets From a Zebra Plant :
Commonly called Zebra Plant, Haworthia attenuata is a cold-sensitive succulent species grown for its eye-catching, green and white textured leaves. It is hardy within U.S. Department of Agriculture hardiness zones 10 and above and will produce an abundance of offshoots, or pups, once established in a sunny bed. The offshoots provide a simple and highly effective means of propagating new Zebra Plants if they are carefully removed and potted in a suitable growing mix. However, they should only be removed in spring or autumn when the plant is not actively growing, to reduce stress to both the offshoots and the parent plant.
Locate the rooted offsets around the base of the zebra plant. Carefully scrape away the soil from around the base of the offshoots and look for small, pale pink or white roots.
Insert the blade of a gardening knife into the soil midway between the parent plant and the rooted offshoot. Slide the blade through the soil to sever the connecting root.
Etch out a 2-inch radius in the soil around the base of the rooted offshoot using the tip of your gardening knife. Dig down along the radial line to a 5-inch depth using a small handheld spade.
Insert the blade of the handheld spade at an angle underneath the rooted offshoot. Carefully pry it loose from the soil and remove it. Fill in the hole left by the offshoot to protect the parent plant’s roots.
Crumble off half the soil from around the offshoot’s rootball. Pot it in a small, 3- to 4-inch nursery container. Use a potting mix made up of 2 parts perlite, 2 parts coarse sand and 1 part sterile compost.
Place the potted zebra plant offshoot where it will receive bright, diffuse light and temperatures above 68 degrees Fahrenheit, such as in a glasshouse, cold frame or indoors near a south-facing window.
Withhold watering for the first three days. Water only until the soil feels barely moist in the top inch. Maintain light, even moisture in the soil mixture, but allow it to dry out for a day or so once a week.
Native to South Africa (Eastern Cape).
Subspecies, Varieties, Forms, Cultivars and Hybrids :
Haworthia attenuata var. radula
Haworthia attenuata f. variegata
Description Source : http://worldofsucculents.com/haworthia-attenuata-zebra-plant/20% OFF for order above Rp. 5,000,000. Use coupon : WHOLESALE.
NOTES BEFORE YOU BUY :
1. We need to dried the succulents before we ship the succulents to avoid rotten during shipping. Drying time about 24 – 48 hours for domestic shipping and up to 30 days for international shipping ( for drying the succulents and process the export documents ).
2. Our standard packing for domestic shipping. We’ll packed the succulents with used box rolled with tape. Succulents will be wrapped with used newspaper. Soil will be packed with plastic bag. Succulents, soil and pot will be placed separated in the packaging not like in the picture. For international shipping, you will be charged additional cost for Phytosanitary Certificates. For international shipping, your succulents will be wrapped with high quality towel tissue and filled the box with dacron / anti fungal polyfibre.
3. You may get a succulents that size, shape and flowers are slightly different ( maybe larger or smaller ) with product pictures. Product pictures just for sample reference, but we make sure, we’ll ship the same varieties like in the product pictures.
4. Please googling to find any information about how to treat succulents, succulents decoration for your home interior and office etc related with succulents.
5. Succulents. You can reproduce this plant with cuttings technique.
6. For international shipping, we cannot guarantee your plants condition will be still in a good condition when arrived in your address because every country has different customs rules. It will cause longer shipping time. Check your customs rules before place an order.
7. For international orders, minimum order is Rp. 1,000,000,-. For domestic order minimum order are 3 plants.
8. Decide to buy means you already understand all the rules in your customs. Please add notes in the order notes column if you have special instruction in your order. And guide us what is your quarantine request.
9. For international orders, we need your import permit to submit your Phytosanitary Certificates Application to our Ministry Agriculture and Quarantine Department. If you don't have import permit, we cannot process your Phytosaniary Certificates.
Updated : May 30, 2018 ———
CATATAN SEBELUM MEMBELI :
1. Sebelum dikirim, sukulen akan dilakukan proses pengeringan terlebih dahulu supaya tidak busuk selama dalam perjalanan pengiriman. Lama pengeringan untuk pengiriman dalam negeri 24 jam hingga 48 jam. Sedangkan untuk pengiriman internasional membutuhkan waktu hingga 30 hari ( untuk mengeringkan sukulen dan memproses dokumen ekspor ).
2. Standar pengemasan kami untuk pengiriman dalam negeri yaitu dengan kardus bekas dilakban penuh. Sukulen dibungkus dengan koran bekas. Media pasir dibungkus dalam plastik kresek. Pot, sukulen dan media pasir akan dikirim dalam posisi terpisah, tidak dikirim dalam posisi seperti di foto produk. Untuk pengiriman internasional, anda akan dikenakan biaya tambahan untuk pembuatan Sertifikat Phyto. Untuk pengiriman internasional, sukulen Anda akan dibungkus dengan towel tissue berkualitas dan kardusnya akan diisi dengan dacron / polyfibre anti kutu.
3. Sukulen yang Anda terima mungkin berbeda dengan foto produk. Foto produk yang kami tampilkan hanya sebagai contoh. Bentuk sukulen, bunga dan ukuran sukulen mungkin sedikit berbeda ( bisa lebih besar atau lebih kecil ) meski yang kami kirim adalah sukulen yang sama dengan yang ada di foto produk.
4. Silahkan googling untuk mencari informasi tips merawat sukulen, dekorasi interior, styling suvenir untuk pernikahan, dekorasi meja kerja dan lain-lain yang berkaitan dengan tanaman sukulen.
5. Tanaman sukulen bisa diperbanyak dengan teknik stek di bagian tertentu.
6. Untuk pengiriman internasional, kami tidak bisa memberikan garansi tanaman yang Anda pesan akan tiba tetap dalam kondisi yang baik ke alamat Anda karena setiap negara memiliki aturan pabean yang berbeda. Hal ini bisa menyebabkan waktu kirim yang lebih lama. Cek aturan pabean Anda sebelum melakukan order.
7. Untuk order internasional, minimal order adalah Rp. 1.000.000. Order lokal minimal order 3 tanaman.
8. Memutuskan untuk membeli, berarti Anda telah mengerti semua aturan pabean Anda. Tolong tambahkan catatan di kolum order notes jika Anda memiliki instruksi khusus pada order Anda. Dan pandu kami apa yang diinginkan oleh karantina Anda.
9. Untuk order internasional, kami membutuhkan izin impor Anda untuk memproses pengajuan Sertifikat Phyto ke Kementrian Pertanian dan Balai Karantina. Jika Anda tidak mempunyai izin impor, kami tidak dapat memproses pengajuan Sertifikat Phyto Anda.
Diperbaharui : 30 Mei 2018