Health and high quality Gasteria Pillansii Var. Ernesti-Ruschii, For sale Gasteria Pillansii Var. Ernesti-Ruschii, export Gasteria Pillansii Var. Ernesti-Ruschii, import Echeveria Blue Minima Cluster
002. Gasteria Pillansii Var. Ernesti-Ruschii
Origin and Habitat: Near the Port Nolloth coast to southern Namibia.
Habitat: It grows in a barren-looking landscape in a dry winter rainfall region on sandstone, granite and shale rocky outcrops and quartz veins in succulent shrubland, often underneath shrubs or shrublets or in the shade of rocks, rarely in exposed or north-facing aspects. pH neutral (6.2 to 7.8). Rainfall 25-200 mm per annum. Summers are very hot with temperatures often reaching 40º C and light frost may occur in winter.
Gasteria pillansii var. ernesti-ruschii (Dinter & Poelln.) van Jaarsv.
Gasteria ernesti-ruschii Dinter & Poelln.
See all synonyms of Gasteria pillansii
Description: Gasteria pillansii var. ernesti-ruschii is a dwarf form differentiated from the standard species by leaves smaller than 70 mm (up to 20 cm long in H. pillansii). The distichous-leaves are smooth, colourful, mottled and compact. Both varieties are caespitose, with the smaller variety being the more inclined to cluster.
Habit: It proliferate from subterraneous stolons and forms clumps, with up to 150 plants per group.
Roots: Succulent, cylindrical (terete), few branched and short, varying in thickness and numbers from season to season, particularly as temperature and moisture levels change. The roots are shallow and this helps the plants obtain moisture from barely wet soils, and nourishment from decaying leaves and debris from larger shrubs.
Rosettes: Acaulescent with 8-12 decumbent to erect leaves, 5-20 cm tall and 6-40 cm wide
Leaves: Distichous, fleshy, 2-7 cm long, 1,5-3 cm cm wide at the base, lorate (tongue shaped), stiff, hard, leathery and pointed at the tip, both surfaces slightly convex, emerald green with whitish green spots often forming transverse rows. Margins cartilaginous minutely toothed.
Inflorescences: Racemes , 60-120 cm long, spreading, arched, usually unbranched or occasionally with a pair of side branches.
Flowers: 12-40 per raceme, hanging elegantly and all pointing in the same direction. Less stomach-shaped than many other members of the genus, up to 35 mm, 6-8 mm in diameter with slender curved dull pink perianth, that becomes almost white near the apex with dark green lines running along the outer tepals into the out-curving tips, getting darker as they progress. The flowers are rich in nectar.
Blooming season: It is the only true winter rainfall species of this genus, flowering in summer from winter growth. (in habitat November to April)
Fruits: Capsules 15-23 long, 7 mm in diameter, opening at the margins.
Seeds: Flattish 4-5 mm wide and 2,5 mm thick.
Subspecies, varieties, forms and cultivars of plants belonging to the Gasteria pillansii group
Gasteria neliana Poelln.: sometimes considered a distinct species, it has thick, fleshy, heavily spotted leaves. Distribution: It is the only Gasteria of Namaqualand (Northern Cape).
Gasteria pillansii Kensit: has heavily spotted tongue-like leaves. It proliferate from subterraneous stolons and forms clumps up to 1 m wide. Distribution: Western Cape, Namaqualand and southern Nambia.
Gasteria pillansii var. ernesti-ruschii (Dinter & Poelln.) van Jaarsv.: small forms with leaves smaller than 70 mm. Distribution: near the Port Nolloth coast to southern Namibia.
Bibliography: Major references and further lectures
1) Ernst J. Van Jaarsveld, Ellaphie Ward-Hilhorst “Gasterias of South Africa: a new revision of a major succulent group” National Botanical Institute (South Africa)
2) Van Jaarsveld, E.J. 1994. “Gasterias of South Africa” Fernwood Press, Cape Town
3) Urs Eggli “Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Monocotyledons” Springer, 2001
4) Charles L. Scott “The genus Haworthia (Liliaceae): a taxonomic revision” Aloe Books, 1985
5) James Cullen, Sabina G. Knees, H. Suzanne Cubey “The European Garden Flora Flowering Plants: A Manual for the Identification of Plants Cultivated in Europe, Both Out-of-Doors and Under Glass” Cambridge University Press, 11/Aug/2011
6) Bolus, H. & Kensit, Louisa, 1909. “Contributions to the African Flora: Gasteria pillansii., Kensit, n. sp.” Transactions of the Royal Society of South Africa 1: 163.
7) Kennedy, R.F. 1967. “Cataloque of pictures in the Africana museum” Vol 2, 307-738. Africana Museum , Johannnesburg.
8) Von Poellnitz, K. & Dinter, K. 1938. “Die erste Gasteria-art aus Sudwestafrika. Gasteria ernesti-ruschii Dinter et von Poellnitz spec. nov.” Kakteen und Andere Sukkulenten, 63: 239.
9) Domitilla Raimondo “Red list of South African plants 2009” South African National Biodiversity Institute, 2009
10) F. Sajeva and M. Costanzo, “Succulents, The Illustrated Dictionary” Timber Press, Incorporated, 1997
Cultivation and Propagation: It is of easy culture and can grow on window sills, verandas and in miniature succulent gardens where it is happy to share its habitat with other smaller succulent plants, or in outdoor rockeries.
Growth rate: It is a relatively fast-growing plant that offsets freely to form small clusters quickly.
Soil: It is tolerant of a wide range of soils and habitats, but prefers a very porous potting mix to increase drainage. A non-acid soil is ideal. You can grow a plant in a 10-15 cm pot for years and have perfectly happy plants. For best results, use a shallow pot.
Exposure: Need light shade to shade, but will take full sun part of the day. (with some sun exposure the leaf develops a nice reddish tint and remain compact) During the hot summer months, the soil should be kept moist but not overly wet.
Watering: During the hot summer months, the soil should be kept moist but not overly wet. During the winter months, water only when the soil becomes completely dry. Wet soil quickly causes root and stem rot, especially during chilly winter months. No water should ever be allowed to stand around the roots. Low ambient humidity is always needed.
Feeding: The plants are fertilized only once during the growing season with a balanced fertilizer diluted to ½ the recommended strength.
Hardiness: During the winter months, water only when the soil becomes completely dry. Frost hardy to -1°C (Or less). USDA Zones 9b-11.
Pest and diseases: Rot is only a minor problem with Gasteria if the plants are watered and “aired” correctly. If they are not, fungicides won’t help all that much. Incorrect watering, poor drainage or too much shade can lead to attack by pests and diseases. Care must be given in watering, keeping them warm and wet while growing, and cooler and dry when dormant.
Remarks: Gasterias are best planted in a shaded and airy part of the greenhouse, and not too close to the glass roof or sides of the house as the plants can overheat during hot spells.
Propagation: Gasterias are easily propagated by the removal of offshoots or by leaf cuttings in spring or summer. To propagate by leaf cuttings, remove a leaf and let it lie for about one month, giving the wound time to heal. Then lay the leaf on its side with the basal part buried in the soil. This leaf should root within a month or two, and small plants will form at the leaf base. They can also grown from seed.
Description Source : http://www.llifle.com/Encyclopedia/SUCCULENTS/Family/Aloaceae/17329/Gasteria_pillansii_var._ernesti-ruschiiNOTES BEFORE YOU BUY :
1. We need to dried the succulents before we ship the succulents to avoid rotten during shipping. Drying time about 24 – 48 hours for domestic shipping and up to 20 days for international shipping.
2. Our standard packing for domestic shipping. We’ll packed the succulents with used box rolled with tape. Succulents will be wrapped with used newspaper. Sand media will be packed with plastic bag. succulents, sand media and pot will be placed separated in the packaging not like in the picture. For international shipping, you will be charged additional cost for Phytosanitary Certificates.
3. You may get a succulents that size, shape and flowers are slightly different ( maybe larger or smaller ) with product pictures. Product pictures just for sample reference, but we make sure, we’ll ship the same varieties like in the product pictures.
4. Please googling to find any information about how to treat succulents, succulents decoration for your home interior and office etc related with succulents.
5. Succulents. You can reproduce this plant with cuttings technique.
6. For international shipping, we cannot guarantee your plants condition will be still in a good condition when arrived in your address because every country has different customs rules. It will cause longer shipping time. Check your customs rules before place an order. If you can provide us an import permit it is recommended.
7. For international orders, minimum order is Rp. 1,000,000,-. No minimum order for domestic orders. ———
CATATAN SEBELUM MEMBELI :
1. Sebelum dikirim, sukulen akan dilakukan proses pengeringan terlebih dahulu supaya tidak busuk selama dalam perjalanan pengiriman. Lama pengeringan untuk pengiriman dalam negeri 24 jam hingga 48 jam. Sedangkan untuk pengiriman internasional membutuhkan waktu hingga 20 hari.
2. Standar pengemasan kami untuk pengiriman dalam negeri yaitu dengan kardus bekas dilakban penuh. Sukulen dibungkus dengan koran bekas. Media pasir dibungkus dalam plastik kresek. Pot, sukulen dan media pasir akan dikirim dalam posisi terpisah, tidak dikirim dalam posisi seperti di foto produk. Untuk pengiriman internasional, anda akan dikenakan biaya tambahan untuk pembuatan Sertifikat Phyto.
3. Sukulen yang Anda terima mungkin berbeda dengan foto produk. Foto produk yang kami tampilkan hanya sebagai contoh. Bentuk sukulen, bunga dan ukuran sukulen mungkin sedikit berbeda ( bisa lebih besar atau lebih kecil ) meski yang kami kirim adalah sukulen yang sama dengan yang ada di foto produk.
4. Silahkan googling untuk mencari informasi tips merawat sukulen, dekorasi interior, styling suvenir untuk pernikahan, dekorasi meja kerja dan lain-lain yang berkaitan dengan tanaman sukulen.
5. Tanaman sukulen bisa diperbanyak dengan teknik stek di bagian tertentu.
6. Untuk pengiriman internasional, kami tidak bisa memberikan garansi tanaman yang Anda pesan akan tiba tetap dalam kondisi yang baik ke alamat Anda karena setiap negara memiliki aturan pabean yang berbeda. Hal ini bisa menyebabkan waktu kirim yang lebih lama. Cek aturan pabean Anda sebelum melakukan order. Direkomendaksikan jika Anda bisa melengkapi order Anda dengan izin impor.
7. Untuk order internasional, minimal order adalah Rp. 1.000.000. Tidak ada minimal order untuk order lokal.